Thursday, May 5, 2011

Human Dignity

The human dignity shown at the Lorien Nursing Home and Assisted Living was very good in my eyes. They supported people who needed help, but they did not treat them like children. They know that people need help when they are in bad condition and that is what the home is all about. The human dignity I witnessed at Lorien was very strong and I was glad to see it.

The workers at Lorien helped the people that live there get a good sense of dignity as much as they could. They helped people do things, but they did what theycould to allow the residents to be independent and still do things on thier own. When I was working, I had to help a couple play a round of Jingo. They had a hard time figuring out what was being called and where to put the pieces, but I did not mark everything for them nor did I tell them exactly what was being called. The workers at Lorien told me that they wanted the people to think and be independent when playing games like Jingo so they could still win and manage on thier own mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment